Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Vintage Kitchen Tool



Can you guess what this kitchen tool is? I was looking for some unique bundt pans.  Well I came across a lot of vintage kitchen tools on ebay last week to include a pastry blender, pie server, meat fork, loose tea strainer, a few other things and this gadget. As you can see I bid and won them. I couldnt figure out what it was I tried to google it but that was unsuccessful since I had no idea what to search. I thought maybe it could be an egg beater. The person who sold it didnt know and called it a syringe that when you pushed it open prongs came out. My exhusband came over and I figured I would ask him. He said that he hadnt seem one of those in a long time and that it was a pickle jar grabber. Can you believe it though that someone thought this was a neccessary product, I dont even know how many years ago and people bought them. Well I will definetely be using mine, lol. I hate when people put there hands in the jar, it will be good for lots of  other stuff like olives. This made me laugh and thought I would share.

No comments: