Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Chocolate Cake Balls

I had leftover cake scraps when I leveled the cake layers for the campfire cake so I made cake balls. Its so easy and so Yum. ALl you have to do is crumble up a baked cake and then combine with frosting(which I had leftover) then use and ice cream scoop and place balls on a cookie sheet and freeze until firm. Melt your favorite chocolate and then dip the balls and top with whatever you so choose, the options are limitless. I used multi color sprinkles. I had them ready when the kids came home and they gobbled them up. This is such a simple application and you can use whatever cake flavor, frosting flavor and topping you want. They would be great to bring to a party or cookie swap. You can dress them up or down, add lolipop sticks for added fun. Its a great way to use up cake scraps which i always have when I make a cake.

No comments: