Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Muffins



Lately I have been talking to my baby sis, Linda about making recipes with strawberries. I finally got around to it. I had some in the freezer from when we went to the strawberry patch a few months ago and thought I would make strawberry muffins and I got blueberries today and decided to divide the batter in half and make both strawberry and blueberry muffins. These are for my lil princess, Sophia who loves blueberries and strawberries. I named them after one of my favorite shows growing up strawberry shortcake and her best friend blueberry muffin. They tried to bring the characters back every so often, I remember getting Sophia a strawberry shortcake doll last year that smelled like strawberries. Definetely not the same as the orginal though from the 1980's. Now I want to go find her doll and see if it smells like strawberries, lol. Anyways, going to take these into work tomorrow and will leave a few for my phia of course.

1 comment:

Adam and Linda said...

I'll take one of each!!