Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Penne with Shrimp in a Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Sauce

This was my first day of cooking dinner using ingredients from my pantry. I cooked up a pound of whole wheat pasta and then for the sauce I found canned artichokes and a jar of roasted red bell peppers. I also added fresh mushrooms and asparagus  as well as frozen jumbo shrimp from the freezer. I topped off with sliced jalepenos and tomatoes. This turned out to be really healthy and tasty. I really enjoy the nuttiness and texture of whole wheat pasta, it added to the dish.  I will definitely make this dish again.

No comments: