Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Easy Bake Oven

Sophia and her Easy Bake Oven
Busy stirring away!
Proud of her creation


 Eating her creation and sharing with her big bro


Sophia decided that she wanted to bake alongside me today so she pulled out her Easy Bake Oven. She decided to make the yellow cake with the chocolate frosting. We were having some difficulty with the oven because I only had an energy efficient lightbulb to put in it to make it work. We tried it and it was taking forever for the cake to bake. I eventually had to just put the pans in the regular oven. They baked up finally and then we let cool and she made it a two layer cake and frosted it. Then I cut it in half and each of the kids ate their respective piece. They enjoyed it obviously, lol. They said they wanted to make cookies tomorrow! It made me nostalgic for the classic yellow cake with chocolate frosting my mom used to make it for us as kids. I think that will be my next endeavour to make a homemade version of the retro classic. Should be fun......

1 comment:

Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.