Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Very Berry Pie

Pie in the oven before the topping
Pie 30 minutes later with the almond crumble topping

Pie out of the oven

Pie a la mode
 I wanted to make a dessert with berries and decided to make a pie. I have to say I had given up on making them for a few years and stuck crumbles and crisps. I have not had good luck with making a berry pie in the past. Either the crust isnt done or the filling shrinks to much or it is too runny. Today was a good day I have to say, the pie came out great! It was the perfect amount of sweet and tart. I made it with blackberries and raspberries. You could add strawberries and blueberries or use whichever berries of your liking. The filling was the perfect consistency and the crust was done, lol. Berry Pie a la mode, yummy! The vanilla ice cream was store bought, but I am thinking homemade next time would make it even better. So sorry Marie Callender, no more of your berry pie in this house. I think that this recipe beats yours out and its so easy. I love summer!

No comments: