Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blonde and Brunette Brownies

You Have to Start with really good quality chocolate.
I used dark chocolate from Trader Joe's.
 Brunette Batter.


Brunette Batter spread into the pan.
Blonde Batter.


Blonde Batter in the pan.

Brownies all done!
And one to taste!

 I was trying to decide whether to make brownies or blondies today and I decided to incorporate both into one. So I made two batters a brownie one and a butterscotch one and then spread two layers into a pan and baked. The kids were skeptical at first about the butterscotch but once they tried they loved them.  I have to say that I am not normally a huge fan of butterscotch but this recipe may have changed my stance on it. I made brownie sundaes for the kids and they gobbled them up. This is a keeper!

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Quite the affinity for all things sweet, and a down right obsession with butterscotch!!! Anxiously waiting impatiently... : )