Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day Cake- Cheery Campfire Cake

Toasted Marshmallows
Toasted Marshmallow Filling


Malted Choco Frosting

Dark Choco Cake layered with Mallow
and Chocolate Frosting

Cake Frosted

Camping Decorations

Teddy Grahams Added












I was talking to my little sis, Linda last week and we were trying to come up with a cake to make my dad for Father's Day. So we went back to our childhood and some memories that we had with our dad that we could incorporate into a cake. We both immediately thought about our summer camping trips and S'Mores of course! So I decided to make a cake loosely based off a smore. I toasted up some marshmallows for the filling. I baked 6 dark chocolate cake layers and chilled and leveled them to make them even. I made a malted chocolate frosting using really good quality Callebaut Bittersweet Chocolate and a childhood ingredient of malted chocolate powder. I alternated the cake layers with the marshmallow filling and the chocolate frosting and then frosted with the chocolate frosting and made a swirled pattern to the sky high top.  Then decorated with little camping adornments. I told my sister the ingredients of the cake and she asked where was the graham cracker part to make it a smore cake...... I didnt feel the need to add any bc it had so much going on with it already, but the more I thought about it the more I realized i needed to add it. Well the cake was already made and decorated so I improvised and added a teddy graham cracker  family to the cake. I think it works..... lol. I cant wait to cut into the cake tomorrow! Happy Father's Day Dad, I love you!!!!!

1 comment:

Adam and Linda said...

Yum! Dad is going to love this! Can't wait to cut into the cake today! Love you sis!