Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Rustic Nectarine Crostata


Gorgeous Nectarines

The Nectarines Sliced

Pie Crust Rolled out

Slices Arranged in a Spiral
The Crust folded around the sides
& dusted with Cinnamon and Sugar

Baked until Golden Brown
Nectarine Crostata Plated

Served warm with Vanilla Ice Cream
I had a bunch of nectarines in my fridge that I forgot about and thought I would try to make a tart of since I had some pie dough in the fridge as well. I like nectarines a lot they are a hybrid of a peach and plum. They aren't sweet and tart at the same time and the fruit holds up well to baking. I didnt have enough fruit to make a whole pie or enough to fill my tart pan so I figured I would go rustic and just fold up the edges around the fruit and then sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and dotted with a little butter so the crust would brown. It didnt take long to bake and then once done served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!

No comments: