Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Marble Banana Bundt Cake with OMG PB Glaze

Chocolate Batter swirled into Banana Batter
I used my Fleur De Lis Bundt Pan so Pretty!

Baked until Golden Brown

Bundt cake with OMG PB Glaze
Bundt cake sliced
I am loving bundt pans at the moment. I have started up a collection with a modest five so far. They make the prettiest cakes and they are so simple and quick. You can dress them up or down, have them for a breakfast or dessert. Mix and match flavor combinations. Top with a glaze, icing, or frosting add nuts or whatever toppings you desire or nothing at all and it still looks amazing.  This lovely bundt cake was made with in my fleur de lis pan. I make a banana cake then mixed in cocoa and my OMG peanut butter to a little less than half of the batter. I poured the banana batter into the pan then spooned in the chocolate batter on top and swirled with a knife. I realized after turning the cake our of the pan that I should have spooned in the chocolate first then poured the banana batter on top so you could see the chocolate swirls. Lesson learned for next time. :)  I then mixd the OMG peanut butter with some powdered sugar and a little milk and drizzled on top and sprinkled crushed oreos over the cake. This was a very moist cake and not too chocolately, good for breakfast with coffee or as a dessert. It was so good I dont think it will last long in this house! Bundt cakes are so underrated, well that is going to change for the people around me because I am all about the bundt cake. I definetely will be adding to my collection of pans and continuing to bake cakes in them. I don't think I will be hearing any complaints, lol.

No comments: