Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Crab Boil

Start with a Big Pot!

Our Family use's this Seasoning
8 LB's of Snow Crab Cluster's

Red Potatoes and Fresh Corn

What else is there to say but Yum!
My parent's and sister and brother-in-law came over for the afternoon and we prepared a Crab Boil. I got 8 pounds of snow crab for us since we don't live near the coast it was frozen. I also got corn and potatoe's to through into the pot as well. I would have added a good sausage, but my mom doesn't eat pork or beef so we just kept it simple. My sis and bro lived in Louisiana for a few years before moving here and so they get us enormous containers of the creole seasoning and extra spicy is a must for our family. I have to say thank you to my baby sis for getting through all that crab and cracking it for us because I hate doing it! It's worth it though and we have leftover's to make some yummy dishes this week!

No comments: