Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

4th of July Fireworks Cake

Blueberries and Strawberries to go in
 between the layers

Cream Cheese Frosting

Red White and Blue Layers

Crumb Coated

Cake Decorated
Red, White and Blue Layers
Slice of Cake

God Bless America


My mom asked me to make a cake for the family for the 4th of July and of course I said yes. I wanted to do red, white and blue cake layers since the last time I did a layered cake with different colors it turned out so well. This is a classic vanilla white cake that I made 3 square layers and colored 1/3 of the batter red and another blue. I backed off and let cool completely in the fridge. I made a cream cheese frosting and set aside enough for in between the layers and mixed in lemon curd. I spread half the lemon filling on the blue layer and added fresh blueberries. Then I topped with the white layer and spread the other half of the lemon filling and places sliced strawberries on top and then I placed the red layer on. Then I crumb coated the cake and chilled. Once it was cold I iced the cake and made a border of stars. I decorated with 4th of July sprinkles, fireworks streamers and flowers. Happy 4th of July!

~My patriotic heart beats red, white and blue.



No comments: