Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Double Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes

My Chocolate Cake Batter

Cupcakes Baking

Cupcakes Baked

Cupcakes with Double Chocolate Frosting Swirl

Looking Fabulous all in line!

Almost too Pretty to eat..... Almost. : )
 I made these cupcakes for the chocolate lover's in my family. This is the perfect chocolate cake recipe, and the coffee in the batter brings out the chocolate. I made a dark chocolate frosting and a cocoa based frosting to create the two toned swirl. I tried for a three toned swirl but my bag broke so I just went with two this time. They turned out well and I topped with a chocolate covered expresso bean. Oh and below is a smashed cupcake on a plate, advice from my bro-in-law that he heard this was the best way to eat a cupcake. If was good advice because you get frosting with every bite of cake this way. But the point of a cupcake is that is is supposed to be eaten with out a plate or utensils, lol. But if if you are at home you should try this. The kids would have a fun time with it.
Cupcake Smash~ To get frosting and cake in every bite

No comments: