Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes


Strawberry Cupcakes

Cupcakes Frosted



I made Strawberry Cupcakes for the non chocolate lover's in my family. Also for my Sophia since she loves strawberries. I tried a new recipe and they turned out good. No jello in this recipe just strawberries so the color is a light pink for both the cake and the frosting. I got mixed review's though. You can taste the strawberry but the color of the cake might not be pink enough for some. The jello recipes add that pinker hue you cant really get from just fresh strawberries. Same with the frosting I would have to add food coloring if I want it to be pinker because adding more strawberries would just change the texture of the frosting too much. I haven't come up with a strawberry cake recipe that I really like, so the search continues.................. These did taste good though just not strawberry enough for me.

No comments: