Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Turkey Pretzel Panini

Trader Joe's Pretzel Rolls

Rolls Piled up with Cheese and Turkey

On my AWESOME Panini Press

Sammy Pressed some more

Lettuce and Tomato Added
Perfect for the Dog Days of Summer!
By the time I get home after a long day at work and not to mention the heat, I don't feel like standing over a hot stove. So I like to make salads and sandwiches that are easy and don't require any cooking. And any excuse to pull out my panini press is also a plus, lol. My sis brought me these fresh pretzel rolls from Trader Joe's this weekend and I knew I wanted to make a turkey sandwich with them like the one's at Bennigan's that were so good. All that is on the sandwich is turkey, swiss cheese and honey mustard and what makes the sandwich is the pretzel roll. I made it my own and pressed it and added lettuce and tomato. For the kids sammy's I swapped the swiss for american cheese. They loved them and thought the cross on the top of the roll were just the bee's knees. :)  Sooooo good and perfect for these excruciating hot days!

No comments: