Food Quotes

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~Julia Child


Luv2Cook

I am a single mother of two beautiful children Ben and Sophia. Together the three of us are setting out to explore all things culinary. We are planning on sharing all of our experiences such as creating a new recipe, making sweet treats, finding interesting places to eat, and whatever else we decide to share. The most important thing is to get them involved in the whole process so that they wont be so picky and hopefully gain an appreciation for ingredients.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Korean Sushi ~ Kimbob

Mise en Place~ Everything in Place

My Mom Assembling Kimbob

Slicing the Kimbob Rolls

Kimbob all cut

My beautiful Mom
I always look forward to going to my parents house and one of the reasons is because my mom always cooks for us. This is one of the dishes that she whips up for a snack or for this day a light lunch. My sister and me were watching her while she made the kimbob and were eating as she was cutting. By the time she had cut the rolls we had eaten most of it!
***Mise en Place was a culinary term I learned in cooking school where you prep and cut everything before you start to prepare your dish.

No comments: